4311 Bar Attendants and Baristas
Bar Attendants and Baristas prepare, mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to patrons in bars in licensed establishments, and prepare and serve espresso coffee and other hot beverages to patrons in cafes, coffee shops and dining establishments.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing, serving and selling cocktails, mixed drinks, bottled, canned and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and a variety of coffee beverages such as lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso-based beverages
- cleaning and maintaining bar service areas, coffee-making areas and espresso machines
- collecting payment for sales and operating cash registers
- promoting services and products
- washing glassware and arranging bottles and glasses
- tapping kegs and attaching supply lines
- replenishing drink dispensers, shelves and refrigerators
- selling light snacks
- selecting and grinding coffee
- 431111 Bar Attendant
- 431112 Barista
431111 Bar Attendant
- Bar Steward
Prepares, mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to patrons in a bar in a licensed establishment.
Skill Level: 4
Prepares and serves espresso coffee and other hot beverages to patrons in a cafe, coffee shop, restaurant or dining establishment.
Skill Level: 4