Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,464,909 1 new person every 1 minute and 24 seconds. Consumer price index 1.6% June quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.5% Quarterly change Jun 2019 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,633.80 May 2019 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.3% August 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
The ABS will be carrying out scheduled website maintenance on Saturday 21 September. Users may experience a brief outage during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Friday 20 September 2019Business R&D increases to $17.4 billionResearch and Experimental Development, Businesses, Australia
- Thursday 19 September 2019Trend unemployment rate 5.3%Labour Force, Australia
- Thursday 19 September 2019Australia's population grew by 1.6 per centAustralian Demographic Statistics
- Thursday 19 September 2019Modellers' Database June quarter 2019 released todayModellers' Database
- Wednesday 18 September 2019New statistics to inform on Australia's wasteWaste Account, Australia, Experimental Estimates
Apparent Consumption of Alcohol, Australia, 2017-18 Rise in spirits, but total alcohol consumption steady Consumption of spirits rose in Australia in 2017-18, bucking a recent downward trend, while consumption of other alcoholic drinks were either steady or falling. In 2017-18, the total alcohol consumed was equivalent to 9.51 litres for every person in Australia aged 15 years and over.
Labour Account Australia, Quarterly Experimental Estimates, June 2019 Jobs growth continues in June quarter 2019 The number of filled jobs in Australia grew by 0.5 per cent in the June quarter 2019, and 2.4 per cent over the year. Industry data from the Labour Account showed further softening in construction jobs, while the industry with the largest increase in the number of filled jobs was Education and training.
13% of people aged over 65 are still working