Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,628,916 1 new person every 2 minutes and 37 seconds. Consumer price index 2.2% March 2020 quarter All groups, original Gross domestic product -0.3% Quarterly change Mar 2020 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,658.70 November 2019 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 7.1% May 2020 Seasonally adjusted estimate
- Thursday 9 July 2020Housing loan commitments fell sharply in MayLending Indicators
- Thursday 9 July 2020Robberies increase in 2019 for the fourth year in a rowRecorded Crime - Victims, Australia
- Thursday 9 July 2020Beef production down 7% in May 2020Livestock and Meat, Australia
- Wednesday 8 July 2020Building Approvals data for small geographic areasBuilding Approvals, Australia (Additional Information)
- Wednesday 8 July 2020Measuring the CPI during a time of COVID-19Methods changes during the COVID-19 period (Additional Information)
Additional ABS products Additional ABS products measure impact of COVID-19 The ABS is releasing additional information to better understand the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Links to this data have been collated onto a single page and will be updated as new data is published.
The Australian Statistician's analytical series Droughts, fires, cyclones, hailstorms and a pandemic The extraordinary conditions that shaped the March quarter combined to disrupt almost every aspect of Australian society and economy. The first instalment of this new analytical series reflects on this historically eventful quarter.
5 in 10 people aged 18-24 years, up from 4 in 10 in 2012-13