Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,415,098 1 new person every 1 minute and 13 seconds. Consumer price index 1.3% March quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Mar 2019 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,604.90 November 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.1% May 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
- Friday 12 July 2019Inequality stable since 2013–14Household Income and Wealth, Australia
- Friday 12 July 2019Chinese visitor arrivals down 1.2% from a year agoOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
- Friday 12 July 2019The 2017–18 SIH User Guide is now availableSurvey of Income and Housing, User Guide, Australia
- Thursday 11 July 2019New lending to households falls 1.3 percentLending to households and businesses, Australia
- Thursday 11 July 2019Population projected to reach 1 million by 2028Estimates and Projections, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians
ABS and NT Government Memorandum of Understanding ABS and NT MOU The ABS has signed an MOU with the NT Government which will improve the collection of information for the 2021 Census as well as estimations of undercounts from the Census. There will be a focus on enhancing the counts of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and of people experiencing homelessness.
Labour Account Australia, Quarterly Experimental Estimates, March 2019 New insights available into Proportion of Vacant Jobs The ABS’s new measure, Proportion of Vacant Jobs (PVJ), gives insights into demand for labour within industries. It shows the relationship between unmet demand (job vacancies) and met demand (filled jobs) and was introduced in the Quarterly Labour Account, March 2019.
6.6 million Aussies drive their car to work, up 500,000 since 2011