Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,423,631 1 new person every 1 minute and 13 seconds. Consumer price index 1.3% March quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Mar 2019 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,604.90 November 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.2% June 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 24 July 20192017–18 Survey of Income and Housing microdata availableMicrodata: Income and Housing, Australia
- Thursday 18 July 201966 per cent of people participating in the labour marketLabour Force, Australia
- Wednesday 17 July 2019More households renting as home ownership fallsHousing Occupancy and Costs
- Wednesday 17 July 2019Study provides new insights into suicide and drug deathsResearch Paper: Psychosocial risk factors as they relate to coroner-referred deaths in Australia
- Friday 12 July 2019Inequality stable since 2013–14Household Income and Wealth, Australia
Estimates and Projections, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, 2006 to 2031 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Populations Latest from the ABS shows the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population of Australia is projected to reach 1 million in 2028. This projection is based on medium assumptions of future fertility, paternity, life expectancy and migration, which are guided by recent demographic trends.
Housing Occupancy and Costs. 2017-18 Home ownership falls The proportion of Australian households that owned their home fell from 70 per cent ion 1997-98 to 66 per cent in 2017-18, according to latest information from the ABS. Meanwhile the proportion of Australian households renting their home increased from 27 per cent in 1997-98 to 32 per cent in 2017-18.
6.6 million Aussies drive their car to work, up 500,000 since 2011