Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,455,257 1 new person every 1 minute and 13 seconds. Consumer price index 1.6% June quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Mar 2019 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,633.80 May 2019 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.3% July 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
- Friday 16 August 2019Breastfeeding information released todayNational Health Survey: First Results (Additional Information)
- Thursday 15 August 2019Trend unemployment rate at 5.3%Labour Force, Australia
- Thursday 15 August 2019Growth in average wages increasesAverage Weekly Earnings, Australia
- Thursday 15 August 2019NZ remains leading destination for the Aussie travellerOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
- Wednesday 14 August 2019Wages rise 0.6% in the June quarter 2019Wage Price Index, Australia
Estimates and Projections, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, 2006 to 2031 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Populations Latest from the ABS shows the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population of Australia is projected to reach 1 million in 2028. This projection is based on medium assumptions of future fertility, paternity, life expectancy and migration, which are guided by recent demographic trends.
Jobs in Australia, 2011-12 to 2016-17 1 in 4 employed people under 30 work multiple jobs People under the age of 30 are the most likely to hold more than one job, according to new figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). Overall, employed people worked a total number of 19.2 million jobs during 2016-17, an increase of 3.6 per cent over the previous 12 months.
13% of people aged over 65 are still working