Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,419,590 1 new person every 1 minute and 13 seconds. Consumer price index 1.3% March quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Mar 2019 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,604.90 November 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.2% June 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
- Thursday 18 July 201966 per cent of people participating in the labour marketLabour Force, Australia
- Wednesday 17 July 2019More households renting as home ownership fallsHousing Occupancy and Costs
- Wednesday 17 July 2019Study provides new insights into suicide and drug deathsResearch Paper: Psychosocial risk factors as they relate to coroner-referred deaths in Australia
- Friday 12 July 2019Inequality stable since 2013–14Household Income and Wealth, Australia
- Friday 12 July 2019Chinese visitor arrivals down 1.2% from a year agoOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
Estimates and Projections, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, 2006 to 2031 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Populations Latest from the ABS shows the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population of Australia is projected to reach 1 million in 2028. This projection is based on medium assumptions of future fertility, paternity, life expectancy and migration, which are guided by recent demographic trends.
Labour Account Australia, Quarterly Experimental Estimates, March 2019 New insights available into Proportion of Vacant Jobs The ABS’s new measure, Proportion of Vacant Jobs (PVJ), gives insights into demand for labour within industries. It shows the relationship between unmet demand (job vacancies) and met demand (filled jobs) and was introduced in the Quarterly Labour Account, March 2019.
56% of women were employed in 2016, compared with 34% in 1966