Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,489,371 1 new person every 1 minute and 13 seconds. Consumer price index 1.6% June quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.5% Quarterly change Jun 2019 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,633.80 May 2019 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.3% July 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 17 September 2019Property prices fell 0.7 per cent in June quarter 2019Residential Property Price Indexes: Eight Capital Cities
- Monday 16 September 2019ABS releases publication on planning for the 2021 CensusPlanning the 2021 Census
- Thursday 12 September 2019Prisoners more than doubled over the decadeCorrective Services, Australia
- Wednesday 11 September 2019Overseas visitor arrivals to WA up 11.1% from a year agoOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
- Tuesday 10 September 2019Jobs growth continues in June quarter 2019Labour Account Australia, Quarterly Experimental Estimates
Household Income and Wealth, Australia, 2017-18 Household Income and Wealth The latest release of the ABS’ Survey of Income and Housing provides detailed information on the income, wealth, housing and living arrangements of Australian households and measures changes in economic wellbeing over time.
Jobs in Australia, 2011-12 to 2016-17 1 in 4 employed people under 30 work multiple jobs People under the age of 30 are the most likely to hold more than one job, according to new figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). Overall, employed people worked a total number of 19.2 million jobs during 2016-17, an increase of 3.6 per cent over the previous 12 months.
1 in 4 employed people under 30 are multiple job holders