Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,626,164 1 new person every 2 minutes and 37 seconds. Consumer price index 2.2% March 2020 quarter All groups, original Gross domestic product -0.3% Quarterly change Mar 2020 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,658.70 November 2019 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 7.1% May 2020 Seasonally adjusted estimate
- Friday 3 July 2020Retail turnover rises 16.9 per cent in MayRetail Trade, Australia
- Thursday 2 July 2020Australia records trade surplus of $8,025m in May 2020International Trade in Goods and Services, Australia
- Wednesday 1 July 2020Approvals for apartments plunge in MayBuilding Approvals, Australia
- Wednesday 1 July 2020Engineering construction falls in MarchEngineering Construction Activity, Australia
- Tuesday 30 June 2020Gradual recovery in payroll jobs continuesWeekly Payroll Jobs and Wages in Australia
Additional ABS products Additional ABS products measure impact of COVID-19 The ABS is releasing additional information to better understand the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Links to this data have been collated onto a single page and will be updated as new data is published.
The Australian Statistician's analytical series Droughts, fires, cyclones, hailstorms and a pandemic The extraordinary conditions that shaped the March quarter combined to disrupt almost every aspect of Australian society and economy. The first instalment of this new analytical series reflects on this historically eventful quarter.
Half of those who received the one-off $750 Government payment put it into savings