Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,666,057 1 new person every 2 minutes and 37 seconds. Consumer price index -0.3% Annual change Jun 2020 quarter All groups, original Gross domestic product -7.0% Quarterly change Jun 2020 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,713.90 May 2020 Full time adults ordinary time, seasonally adjusted Unemployment rate 6.8% August 2020 Seasonally adjusted estimate
The ABS is preparing to launch its new website on Monday. You may experience some disruption to our current service this weekend. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Thursday 17 September 2020Hours worked fell in Vic but rose in rest of AustraliaLabour Force, Australia
- Thursday 17 September 2020New prisoners decreased by 17% for the June Quarter 2020Corrective Services, Australia
- Thursday 17 September 2020Modellers' Database June Quarter 2020 released todayModellers' Database
- Wednesday 16 September 2020Three decades of victims data shows homicide down 40%Recorded Crime - Victims, Australia (Additional Information)
- Wednesday 16 September 2020Statistical geography information paper releasedReview outcomes for Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS)
Additional ABS products Additional ABS products measure impact of COVID-19 The ABS is releasing additional information to better understand the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Links to this data have been collated onto a single page and will be updated as new data is published.
ABS releases findings of Census Privacy Impact Assessments Census Privacy Impact Assessments The ABS has released the findings, and ABS responses, of two independent Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) looking at the way the 2021 Census will be run.
44% of businesses report announcement of JobKeeper scheme influenced decision to continue to employ staff