Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,388,572 1 new person every 1 minute and 13 seconds. Consumer price index 1.3% March quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Mar 2019 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,604.90 November 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.1% May 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
Users may experience an issue with Data by Region in the current version of Chrome. The ABS is working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Thursday 20 June 2019Australia's population grows by 1.6 per centAustralian Demographic Statistics
- Thursday 20 June 2019Latest Research from the Methodology DivisionMethodological News
- Thursday 20 June 2019Detailed monthly Labour Force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed - Electronic Delivery
- Thursday 20 June 2019Detailed quarterly labour force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed, Quarterly
- Wednesday 19 June 2019Employee earnings and hours microdata now availableMicrodata: Employee Earnings and Hours, Australia
ABSBETA Launch of ABS Beta Website Help us make a new user-friendly website. ABS Beta is the place where you can try out new website concepts and provide feedback about your experience.
ABS Website ABS Website Improvements The ABS website has moved to HTTPS. We have endeavoured to make sure this has no impact. Your links, bookmarks and automated scripts should continue to work. Please take the time to test your scripts and if you encounter any difficulties please contact us.
13% of people aged over 65 are still working