Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,629,852 1 new person every 2 minutes and 37 seconds. Consumer price index 2.2% March 2020 quarter All groups, original Gross domestic product -0.3% Quarterly change Mar 2020 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,658.70 November 2019 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 7.1% May 2020 Seasonally adjusted estimate
- Tuesday 14 July 2020Payroll job losses at 5.7 per cent at the end of JuneWeekly Payroll Jobs and Wages in Australia
- Tuesday 14 July 2020Low levels of travel continue in JuneOverseas Travel Statistics, Provisional
- Monday 13 July 2020Easing of restrictions leads to improved mental healthHousehold Impacts of COVID-19 Survey
- Monday 13 July 202013,400 residents returned to Australia in MayOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
- Thursday 9 July 2020Housing loan commitments fell sharply in MayLending Indicators
Additional ABS products Additional ABS products measure impact of COVID-19 The ABS is releasing additional information to better understand the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Links to this data have been collated onto a single page and will be updated as new data is published.
The Australian Statistician's analytical series Droughts, fires, cyclones, hailstorms and a pandemic The extraordinary conditions that shaped the March quarter combined to disrupt almost every aspect of Australian society and economy. The first instalment of this new analytical series reflects on this historically eventful quarter.
Half of those who received the one-off $750 Government payment put it into savings