Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,378,437 1 new person every 1 minute and 13 seconds. Consumer price index 1.3% March quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.2% Quarterly change Dec 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,604.90 November 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.1% Apr 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
- Friday 17 May 2019Find data for regions large and small across AustraliaData by Region
- Thursday 16 May 2019Trend unemployment rate steady at 5.1%Labour Force, Australia
- Thursday 16 May 2019Federal defendants most commonly received a fineFederal Defendants, Australia
- Wednesday 15 May 2019Wages rise 0.5% in the March quarter 2019Wage Price Index, Australia
- Tuesday 14 May 2019Mutton production up 11% since March 2018 quarterLivestock Products, Australia
ABSBETA Launch of ABS Beta Website Help us make a new user-friendly website. ABS Beta is the place where you can try out new website concepts and provide feedback about your experience.
ABS Website ABS Website Improvements The ABS website has moved to HTTPS. We have endeavoured to make sure this has no impact. Your links, bookmarks and automated scripts should continue to work. Please take the time to test your scripts and if you encounter any difficulties please contact us.
56% of women were employed in 2016, compared with 34% in 1966