DataLab safe researcher training
DataLab safe researcher training must be undertaken before researchers can use the DataLab or be approved for a project. This covers:
- your shared responsibilities as a DataLab user
- meeting your legislative requirements
- appropriate output for ABS clearance and data release
The training does not cover:
- using the system
- statistical capability training
- code or analytical language training
Before enrolling in training, check Who can access the DataLab to make sure:
- you understand the pre-requisites for accessing DataLab
- you, your organisation and your project are eligible for DataLab access
Safe researcher training and DataLab access are only available to researchers located in Australia at an Australian organisation.
How to enrol
To enrol in online DataLab safe researcher training register your interest. We will respond within 2-3 working days to get you started with DataLab onboarding.
Training should be timely - consider enrolling when you have a project to undertake or join.