ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations
Fencers erect and repair fences and gates.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- laying out fence lines and marking positions for post holes
- lifting and positioning fence posts in holes and securing posts with concrete, stone fill and soil
- forming fence frames
- constructing and attaching gates to fences
- stretching materials between fence posts
- constructing wooden paling, fibre-cement and metal fences
- repairing and demolishing existing fences
- 821311 Fencer
- Fence Erector
Erects and repairs fences and gates.
Skill Level: 4