81 Cleaners and Laundry Workers
Cleaners and Laundry Workers clean vehicles, commercial, industrial and domestic premises, construction sites and industrial machines, and clothing and other items in laundries and drycleaning establishments.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- removing rubbish and emptying containers, bins and trays
- dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- vacuuming and steam cleaning carpets, upholstery, curtains and floors
- applying cleaning agents to remove stains and dirt
- washing articles to remove stains and dirt
- picking up, sorting, washing, drying and ironing linen and clothes
- cleaning windows and other glass surfaces