83 Factory Process Workers
Factory Process Workers perform routine tasks in processing, manufacturing and packaging food, beverages and other products.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of some Skill Level 5 occupations, a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification, or no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- sourcing, weighing and mixing raw materials, and loading into machines
- wrapping products, and filling, labelling and sealing containers by hand and machine
- storing and stacking finished products, and cleaning machines and work areas
- inspecting and grading products
- assembling components and subassemblies for further processing and to make finished products