71 Machine and Stationary Plant Operators
Machine and Stationary Plant Operators operate stationary machines to process, manufacture, treat and finish a range of products, and perform activities such as extracting, loading, unloading, moving, placing, controlling, storing and measuring materials and equipment.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- setting up, starting, controlling and stopping machines and plant
- monitoring machines and plant and adjusting controls to regulate operation and quality of output
- cleaning and performing minor repairs to machines and plant
- checking machines and plant to ensure safe operations