73 Road and Rail Drivers
Road and Rail Drivers drive cars, buses, coaches, trains, trams, vans and trucks to transport passengers and freight.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- stopping at designated locations to pick up and set down passengers and freight
- establishing destinations and determining most appropriate routes
- ensuring passengers and freight arrive at destinations on time
- manoeuvring vehicles into position for loading and unloading
- assisting with loading and unloading operations using lifting and tipping devices
- observing safety requirements when loading and unloading vehicles