ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations
Receptionists receive and welcome visitors, patients, guests and clients, and respond to inquiries and requests.
Medical Secretaries are included in this minor group, in Unit Group 5421 Receptionists, in Occupation 542114 Medical Receptionist.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- greeting and welcoming visitors, and directing them to the appropriate person
- arranging and recording details of appointments
- answering inquiries and providing information on the goods, services and activities of the organisation
- answering, connecting and transferring telephone calls
- receiving and resolving complaints from clients and the public
- receiving and distributing correspondence, facsimile messages and deliveries
- maintaining the reception area
- advising on and arranging reservations and accommodation
- may perform other clerical tasks such as word processing, data entry, filing, mail despatch and photocopying