51 Office Managers and Program Administrators
Office Managers and Program Administrators plan and undertake administration of organisational programs and projects, and organise and manage the activities of offices and practices.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- coordinating activities to ensure that objectives of the organisation and office are met
- liaising with professionals, owners, other departments and personnel to ensure that goals are met
- advising senior management on matters requiring attention and implementing their decisions
- managing paperwork, records and information associated with undertaking projects and running offices and practices
- responding to inquiries concerning programs and services
- setting, reviewing and controlling office functions