52 Personal Assistants and Secretaries
Personal Assistants and Secretaries perform organisational, clerical, secretarial and other administrative tasks in support of Managers and Professionals.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- liaising with other staff about a range of matters relating to the organisation's operations
- drafting and preparing documents such as briefing notes, memoranda and correspondence
- maintaining appointment diaries and making travel arrangements
- processing mail, filing correspondence and maintaining records
- answering telephone calls and inquiries
- taking and transcribing dictation of letters and other documents