Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,583,957 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds. Consumer price index 1.7% September quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Sep 2019 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,633.80 May 2019 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.1% December 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 28 January 2020Partner violence in Australia: new analysisIn Focus: Crime and Justice Statistics
- Thursday 23 January 2020Trend unemployment rate ends 2019 at 5.1%Labour Force, Australia
- Wednesday 22 January 2020New key tables in the quarterly national accountsInformation paper: New key tables for the presentation of the quarterly national accounts
- Thursday 16 January 2020New loan commitments for housing rise 1.8 percentLending Indicators
- Thursday 16 January 2020Aussies visiting Japan up 24.8% from a year agoOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
Information for Survey Participants Australian bushfire situation If you've been impacted by the current Australian bushfires, we don't want you to be concerned about responding to our survey request. A direct information line is available to you: 1800 110 791. We understand personal circumstances vary, and encourage you to contact us when you're ready.
Australian Demographic Statistics, Jun 2019 Australia's population grows by 1.5 per cent Australia's population at 30 June 2019 was 25.4 million people, following an annual increase of 381,600 people. Natural increase accounted for 37.5 per cent of annual population growth, while net overseas migration accounted for the remaining 62.5 per cent.
Almost a quarter of a million Aussie carers are under 25 years of age