Storepersons receive, handle and despatch goods in stores and warehouses.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- receiving incoming goods, checking for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices
- unloading vehicles, opening packages and removing contents
- operating computers to obtain details of location and quantity of items in stock
- labelling goods with details of storage location
- packing and weighing goods and sealing boxes
- operating machines to lift, place and remove goods on high levels
- operating specialised equipment, such as manually and electronically guided order pickers, and checking goods off picking list
- assisting with regular stocktakes
- may use materials handling equipment, such as hydraulic pallet lifters and hand trucks, to move goods