733 Truck Drivers
Truck Drivers drive heavy trucks, removal vans, tankers and tow trucks to transport bulky goods and liquids.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- manoeuvring vehicles into position for loading and unloading
- loading and unloading vehicles using lifting and tipping devices
- observing safety requirements when loading and unloading vehicles
- making regular quality checks of vehicles to ensure they can be driven safely
- estimating weights to comply with load limitations and ensuring safe distribution of weight
- ensuring goods are stowed and securely covered to prevent loss and damage
- verifying loading documents, checking condition of goods and obtaining certification of deliveries