7321 Delivery Drivers
Delivery Drivers drive vans and cars to deliver goods.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- determining the destinations of goods and most appropriate delivery routes
- manoeuvring vehicles into position for loading and unloading
- assisting with loading to ensure goods are arranged for ease of delivery and safely secured to avoid damage
- verifying loading documents
- arranging and performing unloading operations and obtaining certification of deliveries
- reporting vehicle maintenance needs
- may receive payments for deliveries and arrange accounts
- 732111 Delivery Driver
732111 Delivery Driver
- Van Driver
Drives a van or car to deliver goods. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 4
- Fast Food Delivery Driver
- Grocery Deliverer
- Meals on Wheels Driver
- Taxi Truck Driver