731 Automobile, Bus and Rail Drivers
Automobile, Bus and Rail Drivers drive cars, buses, coaches, trains and trams to transport passengers and freight.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- stopping at designated locations to pick up and set down passengers and freight
- collecting fares and giving change
- controlling lighting, heating and ventilation to ensure passenger comfort
- observing prescribed speeds, nearby traffic, travelling conditions and signals to ensure safe arrival of passengers and freight
- ensuring passengers and freight arrive at destinations on time