5521 Bank Workers
Bank Workers receive deposits and pay out money in financial and commercial institutions, keep records of transactions, issue receipts and cash cheques.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- greeting customers, identifying their needs and answering customer inquiries
- ensuring customers' forms are filled in correctly and checking customers' identification
- accepting cash and cheques deposited by customers, verifying records and receipts, and crediting customers' accounts
- paying money to customers according to advice slips, cheques and negotiable documents, and debiting customers' accounts
- providing change, cashing cheques and recording transactions
- opening and closing accounts for customers
- balancing cash and advising supervisors of cash position and discrepancies
- explaining and promoting bank services to customers and referring them to appropriate financial services
- 552111 Bank Worker
552111 Bank Worker
Receives deposits and pays out money in a financial or commercial institution, keeps records of transactions, issues receipts and cashes cheques.
Skill Level: 3