551 Accounting Clerks and Bookkeepers
Accounting Clerks and Bookkeepers compile, record and process documents relating to creditors and debtors, operating costs, financial transactions and payrolls.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing and processing documentation related to accounts payable and receivable, and wages and salaries
- reconciling invoices and despatching payments
- investigating, compiling and preparing reports of operating cost data
- keeping financial records
- maintaining, reconciling and balancing accounts
- processing payments of accounts, and wages and salaries