221 Accountants, Auditors and Company Secretaries
Accountants, Auditors and Company Secretaries plan and provide accounting, financial auditing and treasury valuation services and systems to individuals and organisations, and plan and review legislative compliance activities.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- collecting, analysing and interpreting information on the financial status, cost structures and trading effectiveness of organisations
- devising, re-organising and establishing budgetary cost control and other accounting systems such as computer-based systems
- conducting audits and investigations and preparing financial statements and reports for management, shareholders, and statutory and other bodies
- controlling treasury and treasury systems and establishing and reviewing risk management objectives and treasury policies
- arranging and giving notice of meetings of directors and shareholders
- advising organisations' governing boards on matters concerning compliance with stock exchange listing rules, relevant legislation and corporation practice