25 Health Professionals
Health Professionals develop health care programs and policies, conduct tests, diagnose and treat physical and physiological disorders, and provide nursing care, advice and counselling to patients to maintain, promote and restore good health and safe and healthy working environments.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- examining patients to establish the nature of their complaint and performing or ordering diagnostic procedures
- selecting and administering appropriate treatment, medication and therapy
- prescribing prosthetic and corrective devices
- providing remedial therapy, rehabilitation and nursing care
- advising on individual, community and population health measures and health promotion, and safe working environments