Business impacts of COVID-19 include business revenue, operating expenses and employment, past month and next month; support measures used by businesses and expected actions when they are no longer available; and workforce difficulties experienced by employing businesses.
- When support measures are no longer available, businesses expect to: defer or cancel investment plans (16%); change quantity of orders (14%); reduce the workforce (13%); and change product or service options (12%). 10% of businesses expect to close.
- 54% of businesses received government support via the Boosting Cash Flow for Employers measure. Funds were most commonly used to: support employees (61%); pay fixed costs (56%); service loan/debt (33%); or put into savings or cash reserves (29%).
- 47% reported a decrease in revenue over the past month.
- Over the next month 27% expect a decrease in revenue, and 49% expect it to stay the same.
- Over the past month, 13% of businesses decreased numbers of employees and 6% of businesses increased numbers of employees.
- 11% of employing businesses reported difficulties in finding staff to fill job vacancies.