Survivors (COFOG-A 102)
Survivors (COFOG-A 102) consists of government expenditure on survivors. This category is further classified into:
- survivors (COFOG-A 1021).
Survivors (COFOG-A 1021)
Survivors (COFOG-A 1021) consists of:
- the provision of social protection in the form of cash benefits and benefits in kind to persons who are survivors of a deceased person (such as the person's spouse, ex-spouse, children, grandchildren, parents or other relatives);
- the administration, operation or support of such social protection schemes;
- cash benefits, such as survivors' pensions, death grants, other periodic or lump-sum payments to survivors; and
- benefits in kind, such as payments towards funeral expenditure, miscellaneous services and goods provided to survivors to enable them to participate in community life.
Includes: Pensions and other benefits paid to war widows and war orphans; pensions and other benefits paid to widows who have no recent workforce experience; benefits paid where both parents of a child are deceased or are unable to care for the child in certain circumstances.