Social protection (COFOG-A 10)
Social protection (COFOG-A 10) consists of government expenditure on social protection. Government expenditure on social protection includes expenditure on services and transfers provided to individual persons and households and expenditure on services provided on a collective basis. Expenditures on individual services and transfers are allocated to COFOG-A 100 through COFOG-A 106; expenditures on collective services are assigned to COFOG-A 107 and COFOG-A 109. Collective social protection services are concerned with matters such as formulation and administration of government policy; formulation and enforcement of legislation and standards for providing social protection; and applied research and experimental development into social protection affairs and services.
Social protection (COFOG-A 10) is further classified into:
- sickness and disability (COFOG-A 100);
- old age (COFOG-A 101);
- survivors (COFOG-A 102);
- family and children (COFOG-A 103);
- unemployment (COFOG-A 104);
- housing (COFOG-A 105);
- social exclusion not elsewhere classified (COFOG-A 106);
- research and development - social protection (COFOG-A 107); and
- social protection not elsewhere classified (COFOG-A 109).