8512 Food Trades Assistants
Food Trades Assistants assist Food Trades Workers by performing routine food preparation, cleaning and storage tasks.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- gathering food ingredients in preparation for cooking and serving
- gathering pots and pans in preparation for cooking food ingredients
- weighing and measuring ingredients
- washing, peeling, cutting, slicing and dicing ingredients for cooking and serving
- cutting and grinding meat, poultry and seafood in preparation for cooking
- removing cooked food from ovens and food warmers
- washing work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware
- storing food supplies, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware in refrigerators, cupboards, pantries and other storage areas
- informing Foods Trade Workers when food supplies are low
- 851211 Pastrycook's Assistant
- 851299 Food Trades Assistants nec
851211 Pastrycook's Assistant
Assists a Pastrycook by performing routine tasks in the kitchen such as preparing ingredients, and cleaning and storing equipment.
Skill Level: 5
- Bakery Assistant
851299 Food Trades Assistants nec
This occupation group covers Food Trades Assistants not elsewhere classified.
Skill Level: 5
Occupations in this group include:
- Butcher's Assistant
- Chef's Assistant
- Cook's Assistant