8511 Fast Food Cooks
Fast Food Cooks prepare a restricted range of foods in fast food establishments.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- taking and serving food and beverage orders, and receiving payment from customers
- preparing food such as hamburgers, pizzas, fish and chips
- washing, cutting, measuring and mixing foods for cooking
- operating cooking equipment such as grills, microwaves and deep-fat fryers
- cleaning food preparation areas, cooking surfaces and utensils
- ordering and taking delivery of fast food ingredients
- may arrange delivery of prepared food and beverages
- 851111 Fast Food Cook
851111 Fast Food Cook
Prepares a restricted range of foods in a fast food establishment.
Skill Level: 5
- Short Order Cook