8424 Mixed Production Farm Workers
Mixed Production Farm Workers perform routine tasks in support of farming spanning two or more of the three different primary production areas – aquaculture, crops, and livestock.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of crops and livestock
- operating farm machines to cultivate, plant, fertilise, spray and harvest crops
- maintaining and cleaning farming infrastructure and equipment such as sheds, pens, fences, plant and water and irrigation systems
- loading and unloading seed grain, fertilisers and livestock feed, and loading produce into transporters
- operating water supply and irrigation systems
- providing livestock with feed and water and implementing livestock feeding programs
- assisting with maintaining the health and welfare of livestock
- mustering and droving livestock to milking and shearing sheds and between paddocks to ensure sufficient feed is available
- 842411 Broadacre Crop and Livestock Farm Worker
- 842499 Mixed Production Farm Workers nec
842411 Broadacre Crop and Livestock Farm Worker
Performs routine tasks in broadacre crop cultivation and livestock production.
Skill Level: 5
842499 Mixed Production Farm Workers nec
This occupation group covers Mixed Production Farm Workers not elsewhere classified.
Skill Level: 5