8421 Aquaculture Workers
Aquaculture Workers perform routine tasks in breeding and raising fish and other aquatic stock.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- feeding and grading fish, and monitoring their growth
- assisting with farm layout and constructing nets, long-lines and cages
- checking and looking after equipment and fish housing
- operating pumps and other equipment
- testing and checking on water quality
- removing dead and dying fish
- operating lifting equipment such as forklifts and small cranes
- harvesting fish, and sorting and packing for transportation
- restocking pens, pools, tanks, ponds, rivers and dams with juvenile fish
- collecting and recording growth, production and water quality data
- 842111 Aquaculture Worker
842111 Aquaculture Worker
Performs routine tasks in breeding and raising fish and other aquatic stock.
Skill Level: 5