611 Insurance Agents and Sales Representatives
Insurance Agents and Sales Representatives represent companies in selling their goods and services, and sell property on behalf of clients. ICT and Technical Sales Representatives are excluded from this minor group.
ICT Sales Representatives are included in Unit Group 2252 ICT Sales Professionals. Technical Sales Representatives are included in Unit Group 2254 Technical Sales Representatives.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assisting clients to sell property by auction, and buy and sell livestock, rural equipment, and goods and services
- compiling lists of prospective clients and making contact to seek interviews and gauge interest
- determining the needs of prospective clients and explaining which goods and services would meet their needs
- informing and supplying details to clients about goods and services for sale
- selling a range of goods and services to clients
- keeping up-to-date with clients' changing needs and competitor activity