6112 Insurance Agents
Insurance Agents represent insurance companies in selling insurance to clients.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- interviewing clients to identify their insurance needs
- explaining to clients details of insurance and conditions, risk coverage, premiums and benefits
- assisting clients to determine the type and level of coverage required
- calculating premiums and establishing method of payment
- reviewing clients' circumstances to ensure that the level and coverage of insurance is still appropriate
- settling and monitoring insurance claims to ensure that both client and insurer are satisfied with the outcome
- recording information about clients and their policies
- identifying and drawing up lists of potential clients from a variety of sources and contacting them to arrange interviews
- keeping up-to-date with changes in the insurance industry and informing clients of new developments
- 611211 Insurance Agent
611211 Insurance Agent
Represents insurance companies in selling insurance to clients. Registration or licensing is required.
- 3 Australia
- 2 New Zealand
- Insurance Underwriter
- Life Assurance Representative