363 Primary Production Supervisors and Specialists
Primary Production Supervisors and Specialists apply in-depth industry specific knowledge to undertake, manage and supervise aspects of breeding, feeding and raising livestock and aquatic stock, catching fish, cultivating and harvesting broadacre and horticultural crops, managing forests, and shearing or classing wool and hair from animals.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- supervising the breeding, rearing and feeding of livestock for the production of breeding stock, milk, meat, eggs and wool or hair
- shearing or classing wool and hair from animals
- managing crops and pastures for livestock production
- managing the planting, cultivation and harvest of broadacre or horticultural crops
- managing implementation of animal health and plant pest control programs
- supervising farming operations and maintenance of farming infrastructure
- supervising work routines and training Farm Workers
- undertaking specialised roles in agriculture, aquaculture, fisheries or forestry