3627 Landscape Gardeners and Irrigation Technicians
Landscape Gardeners and Irrigation Technicians plan and construct garden landscapes, and install irrigation systems.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing plans and drawings, selecting materials and plants, and scheduling landscape construction
- setting out and installing hardscape and softscape structures
- constructing gravel and paved areas, walls, fences, trellises, pergolas, ponds, barbecues and garden furniture
- preparing seedbeds and growing sites
- planting trees, bushes, hedges, flowers and bulbs
- preparing lawn areas by spreading topsoil and planting grass, and by laying instant turf
- determining irrigation system hydraulic parameters
- installing irrigation systems including pumps and meters
- testing, maintaining, and repairing irrigation systems
- 362711 Landscape Gardener
- 362712 Irrigation Technician
362711 Landscape Gardener
Plans and constructs garden landscapes.
Skill Level: 3
362712 Irrigation Technician
Installs, maintains and services irrigation systems for agriculture, sports turf and horticulture.
Skill Level: 3