2233 Training and Development Professionals
Training and Development Professionals plan, develop, implement and evaluate training and development programs to ensure management and staff acquire the skills and develop the competencies required by organisations to meet organisational objectives.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- identifying training needs and requirements of individuals and organisations
- setting human resource development objectives and evaluating learning outcomes
- preparing and developing instructional training material and aids such as handbooks, visual aids, online tutorials, demonstration models, and supporting training reference documentation
- designing, coordinating, scheduling and conducting training and development programs that can be delivered in the form of individual and group instruction, and facilitating workshops, meetings, demonstrations and conferences
- liaising with external training providers to arrange delivery of specific training and development programs
- promoting internal and external training and development, and evaluating these promotional activities
- monitoring and performing ongoing evaluation and assessment of training quality and effectiveness, and reviewing and modifying training objectives, methods and course deliverables
- gathering, investigating and researching background materials to gain an understanding of various subject matters and systems
- advising management on the development and placement of staff, and providing career counselling for employees
- keeping up-to-date with new product version releases, advances in programming languages, application development software, and general information technology trends
- writing end user products and materials such as user training, tutorial and instruction manuals, online help, and operating and maintenance instructions
- 223311 Training and Development Professional
223311 Training and Development Professional
- Training Officer
Plans, develops, implements and evaluates training and development programs to ensure management and staff acquire the skills and develop the competencies required by an organisation to meet organisational objectives.
Skill Level: 1
- Education Officer (Air Force and Army)
- Training Systems Officer (Navy)
- ICT Trainer