211 Arts Professionals
Arts Professionals communicate ideas, impressions and facts in a range of media to achieve particular effects, and interpret compositions such as musical scores and scripts for performance.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1); or
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1); or
- NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conceiving and developing ideas, styles, characters, emotions and themes and translating them through artistic presentation
- reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- composing music and dance routines and creating visual forms such as paintings, pictures and sculptures
- learning lines, parts, cues, dance routines and music
- performing music, dances, dramatic roles and other parts for audience entertainment
- transporting and setting up photographic equipment, and taking photographs