Census data tools and products
User guides and information about Census data tools and products
Accessing and using Census data
Census data can be viewed and accessed using different tools. Each has unique key features, formats and provide varying levels of analysis and interpretation. Here we will describe how to use the various tools and outline important information.
2021 Census data will be released in stages. Please refer to the 2021 Census product release guide for information about when Census variables, products and geographies will be released.
Summary of tools and products
- A tool that enables users to build and customise tables to their own specifications.
- Information on how to access and use TableBuilder is available here.
Census data stories
- Stories and infographics that relate to Census data on topics of interest.
- Spreadsheets containing summary data on the topic are also included.
- Found under the Census data by topic tile.
ABS Data APIs
- Data Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) enable fast access to ABS statistics by using machine to machine 'API calls'. These calls return statistics in a machine friendly format so that you can integrate data into your own systems as they are released.
Confidentiality of data
When viewing Census data please note that small random adjustments have been made to all cell values to protect the confidentiality of respondents. These adjustments may cause the sum of rows or columns to differ by small amounts from table totals.
For more information on the confidentiality of data, the 2021 Census Privacy Statement or Introduced random error/perturbation, please refer to Confidentiality.