Create, save and download your own tables. Find out about costs and how to access.
We regularly conduct upgrades to TableBuilder to strengthen security and upgrade to the latest versions of underlying software. Keep up to date here with the latest developments about system changes and new data releases.
8 February 2023
- Education and Work, 2022 will be released into TableBuilder and will be made available to subscribed organisations; information about this dataset is available on the Education and Work microdata product page.
16 December 2022
- Characteristics of Employment 2014-2022 has been released into TableBuilder and is now available to subscribed organisations; information about this dataset is available on the Characteristics of Employment microdata product page.
21 September 2022
- TableBuilder systems update - what's changed
If you have any questions or concerns about using the latest version of TableBuilder read this user guide (see left menu) or contact email@example.com.
TableBuilder is a flexible way to access detailed data where you can:
- build your own tables based on underlying microdata
- select the data items of your choice for cross-tabulation
- display counts, percentages and relative standard errors in your table
- calculate means and medians for continuous variables such as income
- tables are automatically treated to protect privacy and confidentiality before the output is provided to you
- download tables as CSV, Excel and SDMX files
- create, save and share customised geographic areas and recodes with other registered users
- see Topics for a full list of files in TableBuilder
Some datasets are free, while other datasets are subject to an annual subscription charge. Costs are per organisation - add unlimited members to your organisation at any time at no additional charge.
|Subscription service||Price (12 months ending June 2023)|
|Census TableBuilder Basic||Free|
|Census TableBuilder Pro||Free for organisation members*|
|Businesses in Australia||Free|
|TableBuilder - other datasets||$700 per data series|
How to access
- Register using your organisation email address (if applicable) to automatically join your organisation in the Registration Centre.
- When you register, you are automatically granted access to Census TableBuilder Basic and Businesses in Australia
- All organisation members are also automatically granted access to Census TableBuilder Pro (free) and to your organisation's subscribed products (charged per organisation)
- If you wish to register your organisation for Census TableBuilder Pro, email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your organisation name, ABN (if applicable), street and postal addresses, user IDs of contact officers (must be registered), and your organisation's email domain (e.g. @xyz.com.au)
- If you wish to subscribe to a paid data series or if you have not automatically joined an organisation, email email@example.com, including your name, organisation, user ID number and the products and systems you want to subscribe to
- Log in to access TableBuilder using your Registration Centre ID and password.
Once registered, see Getting started for information on how to use the TableBuilder system, as well as the TableBuilder user guide (links on the left of this page)