Create, save and download your own tables. Find out about costs and how to access.
TableBuilder is a flexible way to access detailed data where you can:
- build your own tables based on underlying microdata
- select the data items of your choice for cross-tabulation
- display counts, percentages and relative standard errors in your table
- calculate means and medians for continuous variables such as income
- tables are automatically treated to protect privacy and confidentiality before the output is provided to you
- download tables as CSV, Excel and SDMX files
- create, save and share customised geographic areas and recodes with other registered users
- see Topics for a full list of files in TableBuilder
Data series are per organisation - add unlimited members to your organisation at any time at no additional charge.
|Census TableBuilder Basic||Free|
|Census TableBuilder Pro||Free for organisation members*|
|Businesses in Australia||Free|
|TableBuilder - other datasets||Free**|
**See the TableBuilder Topics page for more.
How to access
- Register using your organisation email address (if applicable) to automatically join your organisation in the Registration Centre.
- When you register, you are automatically granted access to Census TableBuilder Basic and Businesses in Australia
- All organisation members are also automatically granted access to Census TableBuilder Pro (free) and to the products your organisation has access to.
- If you wish to register your organisation for Census TableBuilder Pro, email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your organisation name, ABN (if applicable), street and postal addresses, user IDs of contact officers (must be registered), and your organisation's email domain (e.g. @xyz.com.au)
- If you wish to subscribe to any other data series or if you have not automatically joined an organisation, email email@example.com, including your name, organisation, user ID number and the products and systems you want to subscribe to
- Log in to access TableBuilder using your Registration Centre ID and password.
Once registered, see Getting started for information on how to use the TableBuilder system, as well as the TableBuilder user guide (links on the left of this page)