Create, save and download your own tables, graphs and maps. Find out about costs and how to access.
We are conducting a series of upgrades to TableBuilder to strengthen security and upgrade to the latest versions of underlying software. Keep up to date here with the latest developments about system changes and when new data will be released.
24 July 2022
- Fixes were applied to address errors with large table processing.
21 July 2022
We are working on releasing 2021 Census data in TableBuilder as soon as possible ahead of the second data release in October. We are not yet in a position to provide advice on exact timing. Future updates will be posted to this page.
1 July 2022
- Requirements for new or reset passwords have been updated to be consistent with other ABS services.
24 June 2022
- 2021 Census 'shell' datasets released for registered users of TableBuilder. Shell datasets contain variables and categories but no data (tables populate with zeros in all cells). Save tables and prepare custom data variables to populate with data once 2021 Census data is released in TableBuilder.
- TableBuilder system upgrade, combining all TableBuilder systems into a single version to easily access all Census and survey datasets in the one place. This upgrade is necessary to ensure the security of TableBuilder is maintained.
TableBuilder is a flexible way to access detailed data where you can:
- build your own tables, graphs and maps, based on underlying microdata
- select the data items of your choice for cross-tabulation
- display counts, percentages and relative standard errors in your table
- calculate means, medians and quantiles for continuous variables such as income
- tables, graphs and maps are automatically treated to protect privacy and confidentiality before the output is provided to you
- download tables as CSV, Excel and SDMX files, and graphs and thematic maps, including PDF and KMZ
- create, save and share customised geographic areas and recodes with other registered users
- see Topics for a full list of files in TableBuilder
Some datasets are free, while other datasets are subject to an annual subscription charge. Costs are per organisation - add unlimited members to your organisation at any time at no additional charge.
|Subscription service||Price (12 months ending June 2023)|
|Census TableBuilder Basic||Free|
|Census TableBuilder Pro||$2,780|
|Businesses in Australia||Free|
|TableBuilder - other datasets||$1,390 per data series|
How to access
Register using your organisation email address to automatically join your organisation in the Registration Centre.
- When you register, you are automatically granted access to Census TableBuilder Basic and Businesses in Australia
- All organisation members are also automatically granted access to Census TableBuilder Pro (free) and to your organisation's subscribed products (charged per organisation)
- If your organisation has not yet subscribed or if you have not automatically joined an organisation, email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, organisation, user ID number and the products and systems you want to subscribe to
Log in to access TableBuilder using your Registration Centre ID and password.