An additional information release on 9 November 2022 has provided annual Labour Account estimates for the 2021-22 financial year, including for Industry sub-divisions. Annual Labour Account data are released in Data Explorer, and contain data for Jobs, People, Hours and Payments by Industry Subdivision, Division and Total All Industries.
For 2021-22, a number of revisions have also been implemented into the Labour Account. These include:
- A new method for allocating annual Labour Force Survey benchmarks for hours worked across all months of the quarters.
- Refinements to the method used to estimate the number of child workers (employed children aged 5-14).
- Refinements to the method used to estimate the number of employed short-term non-residents.
New and updated data sources have also been implemented. These include:
- Updated annual benchmarks used in estimating business side filled jobs.
- Updated data from the most recent Input-Output and Supply-Use tables.
- Updated data from the 2021 Survey of Employee Earnings and Hours.
- Updated data from the 2019-20 Linked Employer-Employee Dataset.
These revisions will also be implemented into the next quarterly Labour Account release (September quarter 2022, to be released on Wednesday 14 December 2022).