High level analysis suggests that there were approximately 440,000 fewer payroll jobs in STP-enabled businesses on 19 September 2020 than on 14 March 2020.
Between the week ending 5 September and the week ending 19 September 2020:
- Payroll jobs increased by 0.3%, compared to a decrease of 0.5% in the previous fortnight
- Total wages increased by 0.8%, compared to an increase of 1.2% in the previous fortnight
- Care should be exercised when focusing on the most recent movements in payroll jobs and wages. For more information, please see Data limitations and revisions. Weekly change data are available in the Data downloads.
Key COVID-19 dates
- 22 March : Prime Minister announces Stage 2 lock down changes, which are progressively implemented
- 30 March : Prime Minister announces JobKeeper program
- 5 August : Stage 4 restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne and stage 3 restrictions in regional Victoria commence