Weekly Payroll Jobs and Wages in Australia
Between the weeks ending 1 and 15 October 2022:
- Payroll jobs, up 0.4%
- Total wages, down 2.5%
Wages see increased seasonality into October due to the payment of periodic bonuses in multiple industries in September.
Job Vacancies, Australia
Seasonally adjusted estimates for August 2022:
- Total job vacancies were 470,900, a decrease of 2.1% from May 2022.
- Private sector vacancies were 425,500, a decrease of 3.3% from May 2022.
- Public sector vacancies were 45,300, an increase of 10.5% from May 2022.
During the year ending February 2022:
- 1.3 million people (or 9.5% of employed people) changed jobs, the highest annual job mobility rate since 2012.
- The share of job mobility remained highest for Professionals, at 22% of those who changed jobs.
- 2.1 million people left or lost a job.
- The annual retrenchment rate was 1.5%, which was the lowest annual rate on record (since 1972).