High level analysis suggests that by 17 October 2020 there were approximately 470,000 fewer payroll jobs in STP-enabled businesses than on 14 March 2020.
Between the week ending 3 October 2020 and the week ending 17 October 2020:
- Payroll jobs decreased by 0.8%, compared to a decrease of 0.9% in the previous fortnight
- Total wages paid decreased by 2.1%, compared to a decrease of 3.1% in the previous fortnight
- Care should be exercised when focusing on the most recent movements in payroll jobs and wages. For more information, please see Data limitations and revisions. Weekly change data are available in the Data downloads.
Key COVID-19 dates
- 22 March : Prime Minister announces Stage 2 lock down changes, which are progressively implemented
- 30 March : Prime Minister announces JobKeeper program
- 2 August : Stage 4 restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne and stage 3 restrictions in regional Victoria commence
- 28 September : JobKeeper extension 1 (modified eligibility test) commences