Household energy use per person and aggregate industry intensity has trended downwards, however in 2017-18:
- Household energy use per person has remained steady at 51.4 GJ/ Person
- Industry energy intensity has remained steady at 1,683 GJ/ GVA
It should be noted that the structural mix of the economy is a contributing factor to the longer term decline in the industry intensity figure. Higher intensity industries like manufacturing have contracted resulting in a lower intensity industry mix for Australia.
Household energy patterns have shown:
- Net energy use per household remained steady at 135.3 GJ
- Net household consumption increased 1.3% to 1,285 PJ
- Annual household energy costs rose by 9%, to $5,269