Multi-modal urban transport (COFOG-A 116)
Australian System of Government Finance Statistics: Concepts, Sources and Methods
Next release Unknown
Multi-modal urban transport (COFOG-A 116) consists of government expenditure on multi-modal urban transport. This category is further classified into:
- multi-mode urban transport (COFOG-A 1161).
Multi-mode urban transport (COFOG-A 1161)
Multi-mode urban transport (COFOG-A 1161) consists of:
- the administration of affairs and services concerning operation, use, construction and maintenance of multi-mode urban transport systems and facilities, that is public transport systems and facilities where road, rail and ferry transport outlays cannot be separated;
- the supervision and regulation of multi-mode urban transport users (registration, licensing and inspection of equipment; regulations concerning passenger safety, etc.), of multi-mode urban transport system operations (approval of passenger fares and of frequency and levels of service, etc.) and of multi-mode urban transport facility construction and maintenance;
- the construction or operation of non-enterprise-type multi-mode urban transport services and facilities;
- the production and dissemination of general information, technical documentation and statistics on multi-mode urban transport system operations and on multi-mode urban transport facility construction; and
- grants, loans or subsidies to support the operation, construction, maintenance or upgrading of multi-mode urban transport systems and facilities.
Excludes: Outlays that can be allocated to a specific transport mode (classified to the appropriate class of COFOG-A 11).