Air transport (COFOG-A 115)
Australian System of Government Finance Statistics: Concepts, Sources and Methods
Next release Unknown
Air transport (COFOG-A 115) consists government expenditure on air transport. This category is further classified into:
- air transport (COFOG-A 1151).
Air transport (COFOG-A 1151)
Air transport (COFOG-A 1151) consists of:
- the administration of affairs and services concerning operation, use, construction and maintenance of air transport systems and facilities (airports, runways, terminals, hangars, navigation aids and equipment, air control amenities, etc.);
- the supervision and regulation of air transport users (registration, licensing and inspection of aircraft, pilots, crews, ground crews, regulations concerning passenger safety, investigation of air transport accidents, etc.), of air transport system operations (allocation of routes, approval of freight tariffs and passenger fares and of frequency and levels of service, etc.) and of air transport facility construction and maintenance;
- the construction or operation of non-enterprise-type public air transport services and facilities;
- the production and dissemination of general information, technical documentation and statistics on air transport system operations and on air transport facility construction; and
- grants, loans or subsidies to support the operation, construction, maintenance or upgrading of air transport systems and facilities.
Includes: Radio and satellite navigation aids; emergency rescue services; scheduled and non-scheduled freight and passenger services; regulation and control of flying by private individuals; planning and designing air transport systems and facilities; aerodromes.
Excludes: Grants, loans and subsidies to aircraft manufacturers (classified to manufacturing (COFOG-A 0442)); establishment and regulation of pollution standards (classified to the appropriate class of COFOG-A 053).