Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC)
2006 (Revision 2.0)
Next release Unknown
This class consists of units mainly engaged in operating banks (except merchant banks). Banks incur liabilities by accepting demand and other deposits and make commercial, industrial and consumer loans.
- Development bank operation
- Savings bank operation
- Trading bank operation
Units mainly engaged in
- performing central banking functions are included in Class 6210 Central Banking;
- operating building societies are included in Class 6222 Building Society Operation;
- operating credit unions are included in Class 6223 Credit Union Operation; and
- operating merchant banks are included in Class 6229 Other Depository Financial Intermediation.