This class consists of units mainly engaged in growing standing timber in native or plantation forests, or timber tracts, for commercial benefit. This class also includes the gathering of forest products such as mushrooms, kauri gum or resin from forest environments.
- Forest product gathering
- Forestry growing operation
- Kauri gum digging
- Native orchid gathering
- Pine cone collecting
- Resin gathering
- Sphagnum moss gathering
Units mainly engaged in
- providing support services to forestry, including silvicultural services such as planting, pruning or thinning, or forest nursery operation are included in Class 0510 Forestry Support Services;
- logging forests are included in Class 0302 Logging;
- investing in any of the above activities are included in Class 6240 Financial Asset Investing; and
- distilling eucalyptus oil are included in Class 1899 Other Basic Chemical Product Manufacturing n.e.c.