Handypersons clean, paint, repair and maintain buildings, grounds and facilities.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- repairing broken windows, screens, doors, fences, barbecues, picnic tables, shelves, cupboards and other items
- replacing defective items such as light bulbs
- repairing and painting interior and exterior surfaces such as walls, ceilings and fences
- clearing rubbish and leaves from driveways and grounds
- mowing lawns and cultivating gardens
- adjusting doors and windows
- replacing tap washers
- putting up handrails and grab rails
- 899311 Handyperson
Cleans, paints, repairs and maintains buildings, grounds and facilities.
Skill Level: 5
- Hotel Yardperson