8432 Garden Labourers
Garden Labourers perform a variety of routine tasks in propagating, cultivating and maintaining plants in gardens.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- loading, unloading and moving garden supplies and equipment
- preparing garden sites and plots using hand tools and machines
- assisting with planting, transplanting and positioning flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns in gardens
- maintaining gardens by watering, weeding, pruning, mulching and fertilising, operating and adjusting irrigation systems and using protection stratergies
- raking, aerating, dethatching, fertilising and mowing lawns
- spraying and dusting trees, shrubs, lawns and gardens, as directed, to control pests, weeds and disease
- cleaning gardens and removing rubbish
- 843211 Garden Labourer
843211 Garden Labourer
Assists in cultivating and maintaining gardens.
Skill Level: 5
- Lawn Mower