721 Mobile Plant Operators
Mobile Plant Operators operate mobile plant to clear and cultivate land, sow and harvest crops, fell trees, move and excavate rock and soil, move pallets and containers, and lay roads and railway tracks.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- driving plant to worksite
- driving and manoeuvring plant on site
- selecting and fitting attachments to plant
- manipulating controls to operate attachments mechanically, hydraulically and electrically, and to move materials
- monitoring operation of plant directly and by referring to instruments
- monitoring condition of plant, performing minor repairs and reporting mechanical faults