6216 Service Station Attendants
Service Station Attendants sell fuel, lubricants and other automotive accessories, and perform minor maintenance on motor vehicles at service stations.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- filling fuel tanks and containers to level specified by customer
- checking and replenishing air pressure in vehicle tyres, and oil and other vehicle fluid levels
- washing vehicle windscreens and windows
- performing minor repair work to vehicles such as replacing tyres, light bulbs and windscreen wiper blades
- maintaining and operating automatic car wash facilities
- collecting payments from customers for purchases
- cleaning petrol pumps and surrounding driveway, shop and facilities
- undertaking stock control and preparing reports on fuel, oil, accessories and other items sold
- replenishing stock of fast foods, newspapers, magazines and grocery items
- 621611 Service Station Attendant
621611 Service Station Attendant
- Driveway Attendant
Sells fuel, lubricants and other automotive accessories, and performs minor maintenance on motor vehicles at a service station.
Skill Level: 5