6213 Motor Vehicle and Vehicle Parts Salespersons
Motor Vehicle and Vehicle Parts Salespersons sell motor vehicles, boats, caravans, earthmoving equipment, vehicle accessories and parts in retail and wholesale establishments.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determining customer requirements and advising on product range, price, delivery, warranties and product use and care
- showing vehicles to customers and test driving vehicles with customers
- selling motor vehicles and vehicle products such as parts, tyres, lubricating oils, batteries, car stereos and alarms
- taking sales orders and preparing contracts of sale
- receiving orders for parts
- determining part sizes and details such as vehicle make, model, manufacturer and year
- searching lists of parts to identify part numbers, price and availability
- 621311 Motor Vehicle or Caravan Salesperson
- 621312 Motor Vehicle Parts Interpreter / Automotive Parts Salesperson
621311 Motor Vehicle or Caravan Salesperson
- Motor Vehicle Salesperson
Sells new and used motor cars, motorcycles, trucks, boats, caravans and earthmoving equipment in a retail or wholesale establishment.
Skill Level: 4
- Fleet Salesperson
621312 Motor Vehicle Parts Interpreter / Automotive Parts Salesperson
- Automotive Parts Interpreter
Sells motor vehicle accessories and parts in a retail or wholesale establishment.
Skill Level: 4