6214 Pharmacy Sales Assistants
Pharmacy Sales Assistants sell pharmaceutical goods, toiletries and related goods in retail pharmacies. Pharmacy Technicians are excluded from this unit group.
Pharmacy Technicians are included in Unit Group 3112 Medical Technicians.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- accepting prescriptions for filling by Retail Pharmacists
- determining customer requirements and advising customers on the selection, price and usage of non-prescription medicines
- advising customers on the correct application and storage of medicines
- selling goods such as non-prescription drugs, first aid supplies, toiletries and cosmetics
- accepting payment for goods and services by a variety of payment methods and preparing sales invoices
- promoting goods and services that are for sale
- assisting with the ongoing management of stock such as product inventories and participating in stocktakes
- stacking and displaying goods for sale, and wrapping and packing goods sold
- 621411 Pharmacy Sales Assistant
621411 Pharmacy Sales Assistant
Sells pharmaceutical goods, toiletries and related goods in a retail pharmacy.
Skill Level: 4